For EmployeesHARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND WORKPLACE VIOLENCE
As skilled litigators and negotiators, the team at Zubas Flett Law provides clients with effective advocacy and cost-effective legal services.
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, an employee in Ontario has the right to a safe working environment, including the right to be free from workplace bullying, harassment, or workplace violence. Employers are supposed to have written policies in place to deal with workplace violence and harassment. In addition, employers must investigate all complaints accordingly.
Workplace harassment and violence may include:
- Inappropriate or offensive remarks;
- Unwelcome sexual comments;
- Verbal/physical/psychological harassment;
- Cyberbullying; and
- Inappropriate physical contact.
Furthermore, employees are protected from discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code (“Code”). Under the Code, an employer is prohibited from discriminating against an employee based on a protected ground such as age, creed, disability, family status, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, or race.
An employee who has been harassed in the workplace may commence a constructive claim as a result of a toxic workplace environment, or a human rights complaint before the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal or before the Court.
Our highly responsive and experienced team of lawyers have the skill, compassion, and advocacy to deal with workplace harassment and discrimination issues. Contact Zubas Flett Law to help you navigate a stressful work situation and defend your rights vigorously.
- Termination of Employment
- Review of Offer Letters
- Review of Employment Contracts
- Health and Safety Issues
- Human Rights Breaches
- Performance Management Issues
- Fiduciary Duties
- Constructive Dismissal
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosures
- Harassment Complaints
- Restrictive Covenants, Non-Solicitation and Non-Competition clauses
- Professional Negligence and Misconduct
- Compensation and Benefits Issues
- Employment Standards Issues
Get In Touch
We Have Moved! Effective May 16, 2022 our address is:
421 Bloor Street East, Suite 207
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3T1