For EmployeesHuman Rights
As skilled litigators and negotiators, the team at Zubas Flett Law provides clients with effective advocacy and cost-effective legal services.
Under the Ontario Human Rights Code, employees have the right to be protected from discrimination and harassment based on the following grounds:
- Ancestry, colour, race
- Ethnic origin
- Place of origin
- Family status
- Marital status (including single status)
- Gender identity, gender expression
- Receipt of public assistance (in housing only)
- Record of offences (in employment only)
- Sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding)
- Sexual orientation.
Employers must have and enforce policies that address anti-discrimination and procedures for reporting discrimination at the workplace and investigating such allegations. If there is a human rights violation in the workplace, employees can seek damages including damages for injury to dignity and lost wages.
Given the complexity and sensitivity of a discrimination case, we highly encourage you to speak with one of our human rights lawyers immediately assess, protect and advance your claim.
Additionally, the team at Zubas Flett Law have years of experience advising not just employees but employers and businesses in drafting their workplace policies on harassment, violence, and anti-discrimination as well as handling investigations.
- Termination of Employment
- Review of Offer Letters
- Review of Employment Contracts
- Health and Safety Issues
- Human Rights Breaches
- Performance Management Issues
- Fiduciary Duties
- Constructive Dismissal
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosures
- Harassment Complaints
- Restrictive Covenants, Non-Solicitation and Non-Competition clauses
- Professional Negligence and Misconduct
- Compensation and Benefits Issues
- Employment Standards Issues